The Dr Elisa Mecco Annual Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded annually to one student who must be already qualified and in practice as a therapist, but for no longer than three years - the scholarship is intended to help a new therapist enhance their skill set.
Who was Dr Elisa Mecco?
Dr Elisa was a warm, vibrant and dynamic clinical psychologist in South Africa who trained in 2017, quickly becoming one of the most ardent promoters and supporters of this new psychological process. A trained, qualified and practicing psychoanalyst, she almost immediately abandoned those disciplines and adopted BWRT as the main therapeutic 'tool' in her practice, constantly promoting the process to all her fellow health professionals. She was the ultimate professional therapist, selfless with her time and always hugely supportive of those who needed help. Sadly, she passed away in July 2022 from complications following surgery and this scholarship was created in her honour soon after.
What does it provide?
If accepted, you will receive the full Level 1 and Level 2 training, including all documentation and professional assessment and incur no training fees whatsoever. This is a wonderful chance for one lucky recipient every year to learn how to work with the BWRT process that Dr Elisa Mecco frequently stated was the the only therapy needed to resolve any psychological issues.
What are the requirements?
The successful applicant will have been in professional practice as a hypnotherapist, counsellor, psychologist or psychotherapist for no longer than three years. No preference will be given to any of the qualifying therapies, and the recipient will be selected after consideration of the details in their application.
- If selected, you must be available to attend the classes live, rather than study via the recordings.
- There is a two-month period after the Level 1 training during which you should complete your assessment - you can apply for an extension if necessary but there is a time limit of 12 months from the completion of training.
- The scholarship covers all primary training and assessment, but not any further costs (any 'refresher' sessions, for instance).
How do I apply?
Send an email to email@example.com with 'Scholarship' in the subject line, giving the following details:
- Email address and telephone number
- Age and gender
- Type of modality (must be one of hypnotherapy, counselling, psychotherapy, psychology) and training organisation
- Length of time in practice
- Why it should be you who is awarded the scholarship (250 - 300 words for this part)
Applications must be received before December 31 2023 and we wil inform the selected applicant by January 8, 2024