Times quoted are all UK Time - check the difference in your country/zone here: www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/full.html
To check prices in your own currency, go to: https://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/
1 Day Workshop - Live Online
In this course you'll learn to work with couples and individuals in romantic, familial or career situations and also when it is necessary to advise the client that individual therapy might be needed to achieve the best possible result. ALL RECORDED FOR LATER VIEWING/REVIEWING
Monday 26th June 2023
The course comprises a one-day workshop running from 10.00 am - 5.00 pm (UK time) - with breaks, of course!
Tutor: Terence Watts
Please note: you must be a member of The Terence Watts BWRT Institute to enrol on this course – it covers work which might affect people who are not present in the therapy sessions and therefore it is important that you have full access to supervision.
1 day workshop, Monday June 26, 10.00 am - 5.00 pm
Why take this workshop
Work effectively with all relationships, including romantic, familial, or career
What You Will Learn
Relationships can be one of the most difficult areas in which to work for a therapist, so much so that many just decide it’s not within their sphere of expertise and refer on as necessary. And yet, once you have the structure and professional tools in place it can be astonishingly rewarding and fulfilling.
There is no claim that this Relationship Reboot course replaces any form of ‘standard’ relationship counselling, therapy or coaching models, of which there are many – it is essentially a ‘lite’ course that will allow you to work effectively with most relationship issues that present in the therapy room.
The workshop will show you how to work with:
- Dysfunctional couples
- Warring siblings, parents and other relatives
- Individuals who repeatedly mess up
- Those who need to break up but just can't do it
- Career issues (supervisors, employees, bosses, etc.)
- Making a clean break when necessary
- Accepting a situation when there's no other choice
Overall, working with relationships can be a frustrating and perilous area without a strong structure in place, mainly because we are often only in contact with one half of it.
Two Levels of Work
As with other presenting situations, some cases are easier than others to work with and so the course provides for every eventuality:
- Two work levels, Basic, for straightforward issues with an individual in therapy, and Compound, where there is a need for professional assessment of the entire dynamics and interaction of the relationship.
- Use of existent protocols where they are suitable – the course material will be used mainly to decide on the ‘direction’ of therapy.
- New specialised protocols where specific work is needed.
- A defined clinical structure to minimise perceived bias or possible practitioner error.
- Specific approaches for three different relationships – Emotional, Business, Familial.
- Specific approaches for working with an individual or a couple.
The workshop uses basic elements of Warriors Settlers & Nomads work and embodies a unique assessment for change process that looks at the Fundamental Wellness of th relationship, and the most likely route to success, either Change, Compromise or Acceptance.
You'll learn to work with couples and individuals in romantic, familial or career situations and also when it is necessary to advise the client that individual therapy might be needed to achieve the best possible result.
The course contents include:
A Resource File comprising:
- Specialised Acceptance Protocol
- Separation Protocol
- Relationship Reboot protocol
- Agenda buster routine
- Session guidance for clients (rules!)
- Relationship-Specific Informed Consent Form
You'll also receive the entire text of the six-lesson Essex Institute's Relationship Repair course (no longer taught at the Essex Institute but which complements this course perfectly!)
The workshop goes into depth on a variety of situations and on completion you will have an exceptionally powerful tool to resolve most relationship issues. It incorporates the power of BWRT and the flexibility provided by ‘WSN’ work, along with the 3-decade experience of Terence Watts in working with people in all manner of situations.
Is this suitable for me?
Suitable for all registered practitioners from Level 1 up, this course allows you to work with relationship difficiulties of all sorts, with couples or individuals.
BE SURE TO DOWNLOAD THE 'JOINING INSTRUCTIONS' AFTER PAYMENT.
"Brilliant course that covers a lot!"
Stephane Burton on 22-06-2022
"Helped me a lot working with couples."
Jasmina Nikolic on 03-05-2022
"I wouldn't be without this in my toolbox."
Kim Barden on 21-04-2022